Lutheran Replacement Hospital December 2022 Update
Lutheran Medical Center’s new replacement hospital is making amazing progress – on time and on budget! - and the project is being recognized already for the many ways it will contribute to the west metro Denver community.
Recently, the Jefferson County Economic Development Corporation awarded Lutheran its Gateways Award for Project of the Year.
We are proud to be recognized for this project and cannot wait until the new hospital is open and serving our community! Click here (https://www.sclhealth.org/news/project-of-the-year-winner--lutheran-medical-center-2022/) to read the full story.
In construction news, we have reached several exciting milestones in the past few weeks:
- The exterior walls are complete, and the building is “weathered in,” meaning most of the glass is in place so crews can concentrate on the interior work over the cold months.
- The bridge connecting the parking structure to the main hospital was “flown” into place using a large crane. This bridge was built on the ground nearby before the November installation.
- The helipad on top of the building is complete, and work is ongoing on the ambulance bay near the Emergency Department.
- Most of the building is now temperature-controlled, floor heating has been installed on the loading dock, which is north-facing and will rarely experience any sunlight during the winter months.
- Ceilings and walls are being installed in all floors.
- Groundbreaking for the 6-story Medical Office Building is planned for mid-April.
Our caregivers are beginning to assess workflows – how patients, visitors and caregivers will access the building, how supplies will flow, how patients will be admitted, discharged and transferred. By the time the move takes place, these processes will be well-tested and running smoothly.
Here are some more fun facts about construction from one of our construction partners, Encore electric (w/photo below). These miles of cables link our network of IT, medical, office, life safety, and other equipment.
We are grateful for our trusted construction partners who maintain high standards in their work. The new year will bring many more milestones as this project gets closer to being complete!
More information, photos, videos, and details on the new Lutheran Medical Center can be found at TheLutheranLegacy.org.