Lutheran Hospice Teams Up with First Call Transfer Center for Referral Coordination
Beginning Nov. 1, Lutheran Hospice will team up with First Call to create a more streamlined and coordinated referral process for patients seeking hospice care.
This partnership gives patients access to an enhanced hospice onboarding process. The union builds a bridge between acute care, physician practices and our community to ensure effective care transitions for hospice patients electing service with Lutheran Hospice in the greater Denver area.
Care Management and providers ordering hospice services through Lutheran Hospice will begin with a phone call to First Call Transfer Center and they will coordinate with hospice. This will ensure the focus is getting the patient the right level of care as promptly as possible. The initial call will begin the referral process to hospice, whether the needs are for specialty inpatient care at the Collier Center or routine level of hospice care wherever the patient calls home.
First Call is an RN-staffed and clinically supported service designed to connect quickly to the physicians and staff of SCL Health, now Intermountain Healthcare, eliminating the need to keep track of multiple numbers or make multiple calls. It’s a fast, efficient, 24/7 transfer center to and from Intermountain Healthcare hospitals and facilities in the Denver area, including:
- Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette
- Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge
- Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton
- Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver
- Saint Joseph ER in Northglenn
First Call caregivers will:
• Coordinate with the hospice team and manage the logistics for a smooth patient experience
• Coordinate necessary physician to physician consultations to facilitate the prompt exchange of information
• Perform EMR registration, allowing expedited provider order entry for IPU admissions
• Arrange for the appropriate transportation to home or Collier Center, using the established transportation collaborative
• Admit or transfer a patient to an ER, inpatient setting and hospice inpatient at the Collier Center or wherever the patient calls home with Lutheran Hospice
To admit or transfer a Hospice patient in the greater Denver area, contact: